EMMA and ENPA looking for a EU Affairs Manager
- Monitor EU regulatory developments on topics related to the interests of European press publishers.
- Agree, define and set up, in close cooperation and coordination with EMMA & ENPA members, the EMMA-ENPA positions in all relevant policy issues at EU level.
- Analyse legal texts and draft position papers for advocacy purposes.
- Communicate relevant policy information to EMMA & ENPA members.
- Represent EMMA & ENPA and liaise with other stakeholder organisations.
- Provide support for EMMA-ENPA’s interactions with EU institutions incl. e.g. organisation of meetings with MEPs as well as Commission officials and preparation of briefing documents.
- A university law degree, ideally related to the aforementioned regulatory issues.
- 2-5 years professional experience in a similar environement.
- Strong ability to multitask, good analytical and organizational skills.
- Solid knowledge of EU institutions and the EU decision-making process.
- Self-motivated team player who is also able to work independently, while respecting deadlines.
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead discussions and to find compromises – Good interpersonal skills, good capacity to communicate with people from different backgrounds.
- Proficient computer skills (at least Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management).
- Excellent oral and written English is essential. Fluency in other European languages, especially French and/or German, is an asset.
- Full-time position giving you the opportunity to integrate a small and dynamic team in a membership-driven organisation based in Brussels.
- Rewarding mission to fight for a vital, free and diverse landscape of digital and printed press in Europe.
- Remuneration package according to experience.
For more information, contact:
The European Magazine Media Association, is the unique and complete representation of Europe’s magazine media, which is today enjoyed by millions of consumers on various platforms, encompassing both paper and digital formats.www.magazinemedia.eu
The European Newspaper Publishers’ Association (ENPA) is the largest representative body of newspaper publishers across Europe. ENPA advocates for 14 national associations across 14 European countries, and is a principal interlocutor to the EU institutions and a key driver of media policy debates in the European Union.www.enpa.eu